Tracking what keywords are converting well and which keywords are not is an essential part of online marketing. To install a tracking code onto your website follow these steps:
- Log into your Google AdWords account.
- Click on Tools >> Conversions.
- Click on the "+ Conversion" button.
- Give your conversion code a name like "Website Lead"
- Leave "Webpage" as the selected option & click on "Save and continue"
- For "Conversion value" selected "Don't assign a value"
- Click on "Save and continue" button to go to the last step.
- Click on "I make changes to the code" & copy the code in the text box that opens up.
Adding your conversion code to the website you are sending Google AdWords traffic to is easy. Follow these steps:
- Log into the AgentLocator CRM.
- Hover over "Websites" menu & click on the website you wish to add the tagging code to.
- On the left side menu click on "Global Settings"
- Paste the conversion code you copied from Google into the "Conversion Code" field.
- Click on "Save"
That is all. You will now start seeing how many conversions you have had using your Google AdWords account right inside your Google dashboard. It will show you which keywords have converted & how many times.