When you purchase a website with AgentLocator, the IP address of your domain name will have to be pointed to us. This process is called " Changing the A Record". You do have the option of having one of our staff members to do this on your behalf. If you would like us to do this for you, you will need to provide us with your Domain Registrar's login information (Ie: your username and password).
If you would like to do it yourself, please follow the process below.
NOTE: the process is for GoDaddy users ONLY. If you have purchased your domain name from another company you will need to speak to their support for help, if needed.
- Go to the Zone File Editor for the domain name you want to update.
- Click Edit A Record @ if it is already there or Add New Record (The Add DNS Record window displays).
- From the Record type list, select A(Host)
- Complete the following fields:
- Host Name: Enter the host name the A Record links to. Type @ to point directly to your domain name (including www.)
- Points to IP Address: Enter the IP address 184.108.40.206
- TTL: leave the default setting