If you're looking to add a Google registration/login option to your website, please follow these steps:
1. Go to https://console.developers.google.com/apis/credentials
2. Click on the "Select a project" drop-down, then on "New Project"
3. Choose a Project name & create it:
4. Select the newly created Project from the "Select a Project" drop-down, then click on the “OAuth consent screen” by hovering the mouse on "APIs & Services" from the left side menu.
5. On the “OAuth consent screen”, Choose User Type: External and click on Create button to proceed further.
6. Choose an "App Name" & add your email:
7. In case you've already indexed your website with Google, feel free to skip this step.
In case you haven't indexed your domain with Google yet, go to https://search.google.com/search-console/about in a new tab, click on start now and follow this guide:
The meta tags need to be added through the Website Editor. Once you've selected the website you'll be adding them to, you will need to go to Website Settings > Header Custom Script:
Just verify the domain through Google once you've added the code and it will be sufficient (you don't need to do anything after the 2:05 min mark in the above video)
If you are adding Google registration to a subdomain, please perform step 7 for that specific subdomain & the website carrying the bare domain.
(Subdomains are domain prefixes that are separated from the main domain with a dot (.) , if you're adding this to listings.domain.com, mls.domain.com *insert-any-word-here*.domain.com you are using a subdomain & will need to perform step 7 for the Bare domain, too, ie domain.com)
Please feel free to reach out to our Support Team at email@example.com in case you're not sure if you're using a subdomain.
And once that is done, go here:
Find the domain and click on Verification Details and you will see if the domain is verified or not.
8. Under authorized domains, you will need to enter your Bare domain name:
For example, if you're adding the Google registration button for listings.domain.com, you will only add domain.com to the "authorized domains" field.
Then you'll add your email to the developer contact info section:
And hit save and continue.
9. On the following screens "Scopes" and "Test Users", you will just click "save and continue" until you've completed the project creation & you see the "Back to dashboard" button on the "Summary" page.
10. After creating the project, click on “Credentials” from the left side menu to open the Credentials screen.
From here, you will go to "Create Credentials" > "OAuth client ID"
11. The OAuth client ID type will be "web application":
13. You'll scroll down a bit to the "Authorized redirect URIs" section, where you will add the same URL appended with /signin-google
And then, click on Create.
14. You will get a pop-up with your Client ID and Client Secret. Please email both to firstname.lastname@example.org so our Team can install this on the website.
15. Note that the created ID is restricted to test users:
16. Click on QAuth consent screen, located right under credentials, and click on Publish App:
It might take up to 4 days for this to be published, meaning, our Team will be able to install the IDs only once Google has completed the publication & our system can hence recognize the IDs.