- In Business Manager, click on the Business Settings button in the upper right corner.
- In the Business Settings, select the Brand Safety tab, and select Domains from the left side navigation list.
- Click on the Add button, and enter your domain in the Add a Domain pop-up dialog.
- If you have more than one domain listed, select the domain for which you desire to confirm ownership.
- Choose the method you wish to use to verify your domain: DNS Verification, Meta Tags or the HTML File Upload.
You only need to use one verification method!
Confirm domain ownership
Add a DNS TXT entry to your DNS record to confirm ownership
The DNS Verification tab of your selected domain provides the TXT information you will need to add to your DNS record.
- Navigate to the DNS record section of your domain host.
- Add the TXT entry to your DNS record.
- Add @ to the Host field (if it is required by your domain host).
- Once the changes have propagated across your domain's web servers, click the Verify button at the bottom of the DNS Verification tab for the selected domain.
Note: Typically, this change takes only minutes to occur, however there are cases where it may take up to 72 hours to complete.
- Leave the TXT entry in your DNS record as it may be checked periodically for verification purposes.
The precise steps you need to perform to add a DNS TXT entry to your DNS record may vary by domain host.
Upload an HTML file to your web directory and confirm domain ownership in Business Manager
The HTML File Upload tab of your selected domain provides the HTML verification file you need to upload to your website.
- Download the HTML verification file.
- Upload the file to the root directory of your website. You will be able to see that it is uploading at the link provided in the HTML File Upload tab.
- Once it is done, click the Verify button at the bottom of the HTML File Verification tab for the selected domain.
- Leave the HTML verification file in your website's root directory as it may be checked periodically for verification purposes.
You need admin access to your website's root folder to perform this type of verification.
Add a meta tag to the
<head> section of your domain home page
The Meta Tag Verification tab of your selected domain provides the meta tag you need to add to your domain home page.
- Add the meta tag containing your verification code to the <head> section in the HTML of your domain home page.
- Confirm that the meta tag is visible by visiting your domain home page and viewing the HTML source.
- Once confirmed, click the Verify button at the bottom of the Meta Tag Verification tab for the selected domain.
- Leave the meta tag on your domain home page as it may be checked periodically for verification purposes.
Associate Facebook Pages with a Verified Domain
You can still add Open Graph tags to your website to indicate ownership. This does not require the use of Business Manager. You can find more information about implementing the
fb:pages tag in the Open Graph - Object Properties documentation.
Including Open Graph tags that contain all relevant Page IDs on your website is not always ideal because it requires updating markup on your websites, which can be burdensome, and requires the maintenance of the list of Page IDs without any supporting tools. Having domains as an asset in Business Manager allows for easier maintenance of any list of Pages without any editing of your website's markup tags.
- Under Domains, select the desired domain, and select Pages in the Assigned Assets panel. On the right side click the Assign Pages button.
- You should see any and all of the Pages you have added to Business Manager. (If your Page is not available, make sure you have imported it into Business Manager under the Pages tab.) Select all the Pages you wish to add to the domain, and click Save Changes.
- You should now see any added Pages listed under Assigned Assets for your selected domain.